PULLED PORK SLIDER WITH APPLE SLAW AND A ZESTY BAR-B-Q SAUCE
CHOPPED SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE
FOOT LONG HOT DOGS WRAPPED IS PASTRY PUFF WITH A HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE
ULTIMATE CHEESE ENCRUSTED GRILL CHEESE SANDWICH ON FRENCH BREAD – ORANGE CHUTNEY ON SIDE (THIS IS DUE TO LENT — FOR THE PEOPLE THAT DO NOT EAT MEAT ON FRIDAY’S )
GARLIC, PARMESAN OVERSIZED WEDGE POTATO’S WITH A DIPPING SAUCE
______________________________ ______________________________ _________________________
PULLED PORK SLIDERS WITH APPLE SLAW:
2 LBS PORK SHOULDER
2 – Large onions sliced
12 – Brioche Rolls
4 TBS – Sea Salt
4 TBS – Sweet paprika
3 Tbs – mustard powder
2 tbsp – garlic powder
Bar-B-Q Sauce: Zesty:
1 cup – red wine
2 cups – tomato sauce
1/4 cup – brown sugar
1/4 cup – sweet chili sauce
2 tbs – Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup – dark mustard
* Preheat oven on 225F
* Lightly score the top of the shoulder’s fat layer with a sharp knife in a criss-cross motion. (Do not cut throughout the full layer of fat, this is just to help the dry rub stick to the meat.
* Cover entire roast, top and bottom with dry rub.
* Layer the bottom of a baking pan with the onions.
* Place the pork on top of the onions and poor in enough water to cover the pork to the half way mark. (This will keep the meat juicy)
* Cover pan tightly with foil and bake for 4-5 hours.
****(IF USING A CROCK POT – COOK ON LOW HEAT FOR 4-5 HOURS)
* After the 4 hour mark – check for tenderness by using 2 forks to pull meat apart. If it does not pull apart easily enough to shred – place back in the oven for up to another hour.
* Remove pork from oven – cut fat off the top – now slather the Bar-B-Q sauce all over the top.
* Leaving foil off – place oven temp to HIGH BROIL and cook for 10 minutes. (This will make a caramelized light crust.)
* Remove from oven – let cool for 5-10 minutes and with a fork in each hand pull the pork apart until fully shredded.
1 1/2 CUPS- Thinly sliced White cabbage
1 1/2 Cups – thinly sliced red cabbage
1 cup – Thin julienned green apples
1 cup – thin julienned red apples
1 cup of thin shredded carrots
1 cup – chopped scallions
1/3 cup mayo
2 heaping tbs – brown sugar
2 tbsp – lemon juice
**** MIX TOGETHER IN A LARGE BOWL… REFRIGERATE UNTIL READY TO CONSTRUCT THE SLIDERS.
* Slice rolls in half and place as little or as much pulled pork on.
* Top with apple slaw.
* Pierce through with a pick.
______________________________ ______________________________ __________________________
HOT DOG’S WRAPPED IN PASTRY PUFF:
1 dozen – hot dog’s
3-4 sheets of pastry – 12 by 10 inch – roll out lightly
2 – beaten eggs
1 cup of ketchup
2 cups – brown mustard
1 cup- honey
Flour for dusting
* Pre heat oven 400F.
* A baking sheet or Pan – lay parchment paper on top.
* Slice each hot dog on a slant – just enough to make a thin cut into the dog. Turn the dog over and repeat slicing. (This will allow the the past to settle into the hot dog so that the pastry is not doughy.)
* Dust a cutting board with flour and place one sheet of pastry at a time on top.
* Lay one dog at the top end of the pastry – brush a thin coat of ketchup on top and tightly roll in covering it to the bottom of the dog.
* Trim the pastry off with a sharp knife.
* Squeeze the ends of the pastry closing the dog.
* Place the dog on the parchment paper and repeat process until all dogs are done.
* Brush egg wash onto each pastry top.
* Place pan in oven for approximately 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
***DOGS ARE BETTER SERVED RIGHT OUT OF THE OVEN – HOT.
* In a bowl – mix mustard and honey together and place on the side of each dog for dipping sauce.
______________________________ ______________________________ ___________________________
ULTIMATE GRILL CHEESE SANDWICH: (CRUNCH OUTSIDE AND CREAMY INSIDE)
1 Loaf – French Bread
2/3 cup – room temp butter
5 cups – grated cheddar cheese
* Slice Loaf in half and than down the center.
* Butter both insides of the bread.
* Pile on the cheddar cheese
* Place a large skillet on low to medium heat – add 2 tbs butter.
* When butter is melted – place the 2 sandwiches on the hot pan – 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
* Turn heat off – place a jar or small bottle on top of each sandwich and weigh them down to compress.
* Remove from skillet and dry the pan out.
* Place skillet back on medium low heat. Grate 1/4 – cup of cheese into the dry skillet making a doily round shape. Wait 30 seconds and place the top part of one sandwich on top of the cheese for about 1 1/2 minutes. * Sprinkle – a dash of red pepper around the edges of the cheese and lift the sandwich up. (This will make a crunchy layer on top.)
* Grate some more cheese back in the pan and lay the other side of the sandwich on top for 1 minute and remove. (this is now crunchy on top and creamy inside.
* Repeat this process for the other sandwich.
**********SERVE WITH ORANGE CHUTNEY ON SIDE.
______________________________ ______________________________ ________________________
GARLIC, PARMESAN WEDGE POTATOES:
12 Quartered – Large potatoes
3 – eggs beaten IN A BOWL
2 Cups – parmesan cheese
1 tbs- paprika
1 cup – chopped parsley
1 tbs – red pepper flakes
1 tbsp – oregano
3 tbs – garlic powder
salt to taste
***MIX TOGETHER IN A BOWL
* Pre-heat oven on 375F
* In a large mixing bowl add – cheese and all spices – mix well.
* Dip each wedge in egg wash and dredge in cheese mixture.
* Spray a large baking sheet or pan with baking spray.
* Place each wedge on pan and bake for 30 minutes until puff, golden brown and a slight crisp on edges.
* Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt.
______________________________ ______________________________ _____________________________
DRESSING: – 3 PARTS OLIVE OIL TO 1 PART BALSAMIC VINEGAR. 1 TBS DARK MUSTARD – PEPPER-SALT TO TASTE.
(THE SALAD IS THE FLAVOR – THEREFORE THE DRESSING IS A LIGHT ONE. JUST ENOUGH DRESSING TO ENHANCE THE FRESH VEGETABLE FLAVORS)
1 – head of chopped lettuce – romaine or lettuce of choice
1 – cucumber – sliced in half and chopped
1 – red onion – small chop or 1 bunch of green onions – chopped
1 – avocado – skinned, stone removed and meat chopped (this will add a creamy texture to salad)
1 – cup of blue cheese crumbles
1 – large tomato chopped.
Place all vegetables except for the avocado in a large blow and mix together .
Add dressing and serve.
* Top with Avodado