Spring Roll Ingredients
• 10 rice paper wraps
• 3 cups rice noodles
• 1 head of Boston Bib lettuce
• 2 green onions
• 1 large carrot
• 1 cucumber
• 1 cup of mushrooms
• 1/2 cup fresh basil
• 1/4 cup coriander
• 1 fresh lime
Dipping Sauce Ingredients
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 2 cups rice wine vinegar
• 1/2 tsp fish sauce
• 1 chili pepper
• 1 garlic clove
• 2 green onions
• 2 tbsp sesame seeds
• 2 tbsp fresh coriander
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
Spring Roll Instructions
1) Prepare sauce by chopping garlic and coriander into small bits. Thinly slice the chili pepper and green onions. Now mix all sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl and place to the side.
2) Place a pot filled with 4 cups water on the stove to boil.
3) While water is heating, prep veggie mix:
— Chop lettuce, fresh basil, and coriander into small strips
— Thinly slice the cucumbers and green onions
— Shred carrot
— Juice the lime
4) Once water is boiling, add rice noodles. Let boil for 2-3 minutes, rinse in cold water, and cut into 1 inch pieces
5) Combine veggies, lime juice and noodles to a fresh mixing bowl and gently toss
6) Gently toss ingredients.
7) Add about half of the sauce to the lettuce mix and combine all ingredients.
— Note: Do not over sauce because it will be difficult to wrap the rice paper to form the roll. Better to err on the side of adding too little
8) Place another 4 cups of water on the stove to boil. Once water has been brought to a boil, transfer to a large bowl.
9) Gently dip one side and then the other of each rice paper wrap in the hot water bowl for 5 seconds or until soft, letting excess water drip off, and then placing on a cutting board.
10) Place a handful of the veggie mix in the lower-center of the rice wrap so that about a third of the wrap is covered. Do not overfill the wrap, it will be difficult to keep in a tight roll.
11) Fold one side of wrap over covering the salad mixture and tuck wrap under the salad.
12) Fold ends to the center / top of wrap and finish off by rolling the rest of the wrap together tightly as possible (similar to wrapping a burrito).
13) Serve rolls either cut in half or whole, with additional sauce set in a small ramekin or individual bowl for dipping.