- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp curry paste
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 large potatoes (or 3 medium)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 green onions (Bok Choy)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 cups rice noodles
- 1 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- 2 limes
- 1/2 cup coriander
- 4 green onions
- 1 cup chili sauce
1. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil and add rice noodles. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process and set aside.
2. Place potatoes in the microwave for 1 minute on high to begin the cooking process. Dice into small pieces, about 1/2”, until you have 2 cups worth.
3. Julienne slice the red bell pepper
4. Grab your 2 of your green onions and remove and separate the green part of leaves from the bottom white stalks. Julienne slice both parts and keep separated.
5. Shave remaining green onions with a peeler to form a slight curl and put to the side for garnish.
6. Slice the limes into quarters creating 8 wedges
7. Chop the coriander
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large sauté pan on medium temp.
2. Add in ginger and curry paste – mix well – being careful not to burn.
3. Add in potatoes, bok choy white stems, red bell pepper, mushrooms, and mix.
4. Poor in the vegetable stock and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes to allow the potatoes to soften.
5. Stir in brown sugar, soy sauce and coconut milk. Simmer for 3 minutes.
6. Add bok choy green leaves, stir and cook for 1 minute.
1. Place a hand full of cooked rice noodles into individual bowls, and ladle the soup on top of noodles.
2. Place 2 lime wedges on each side of the bowls
3. Top with chopped coriander and optional peanuts
4. Drizzle approximately 2 tbsp of chili sauce on top of each bowl of soup, and serve!