BACON WRAPPED, APRICOT GLAZE TENDERLOIN PORK ROAST
- 1 pork loin roast (3 lb)
- 4 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 3 tbs butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbs fresh group black pepper
- 2 tbs salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Place loin of cutting board – lightly score the top in a criss-cross motion.
- Rub loin with oil.
- Sprinkle cinnamon, salt and pepper on cutting board and roll loin into spice’s until fully covered.
- Cut all bacon strips in half and layer on top of loin.
- Place loin in a roasting pan and cook for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven a let sit for five minutes while apricot sauce is prepared. Reduce oven temp to 175F.
- While loin is resting, place jam and butter in a small sauce pan in medium heat. Whisk vigorously until smooth and slightly bubbling. Note: Apricot jam may be substituted for jam of choice, e.g. peach or orange are also recommended.
- Remove from stove top. Using a pastry brush, coat top and sides of loin with jam mixture.
- Place back in oven for 10 minutes so that the sauce can envelop the loin.
- Turn oven to high broil – cook another 3 minutes or until loin top is bubbling.
- Remove from oven and let loin rest for 15 minutes so that the meat can release juices for Aus Jus.
Slice to desired size of cuts, plate and ladle Au Jus on Top. The Au Jus will be packed with the flavor not only from the natural juices but also the jam and butter.